Help your child learn to LOVE herself while connecting with supportive peers!
Does your tween daughter…
Struggle to maintain friendships?
Avoid unfamiliar situations and meeting new people?
Have trouble expressing her feelings?
Your daughter is not the carefree kid you remember. She gives you one-word answers about her day. You notice her on the outside of social groups and worry about her self-esteem. You desperately wish you could help her navigate Middle School, but social media has added a whole new dynamic to the awkwardness of being a tween!
What will her High School years look like if she does not learn to express her feelings in a healthy way? What if she resorts to pretending to be someone she is not just to fit in?
I’m Meghan Renzi, founder of Therapy and Mindfulness Practices. I have worked tweens in various mental health and school settings for over a decade. I have seen firsthand how group therapy can help girls connect, relate, and know that they are not alone!
Group will help your daughter learn:
Positive coping skills for dealing with uncomfortable emotions.
Healthy ways to express herself.
Communication skills for navigating social dilemmas.
The importance of self-care.
The Tween Girls Group is a safe space for teens to process feelings with like-minded peers. Group therapy allows tweens to give and get support. Most importantly, group therapy can help your daughter to see that she is not alone!
Who is this group for?
- Tweens who identify as female or gender-nonconforming
- Tweens struggling with depression, anxiety, body image, and self-esteem.
- 6th to 8th graders.
- Tweens who are working through identity issues.
- Those who struggle to maintain friendships or might shy away from social situations.
- Tweens who are currently working individually with a therapist or psychiatrist.
Who is this group not for?
- Anyone who is being “forced” to attend the group by parents, counselors, or other clinical professionals.
- Anyone who is actively abusing drugs or alcohol.
- Anyone demonstrating violent or sexually inappropriate behaviors.
What is the investment?
Open and ongoing psychotherapy groups at Therapy and Mindfulness Practices are billed through a monthly membership. Membership for the group is $165 per month, covering as many groups as the client chooses to attend that month. Those new to the practice must complete 1-hour intake screening session.