Help your daughter learn to LOVE herself while connecting with peers who value her for who she is!
Does your daughter…
Compare herself to others?
Beat herself up for perceived mistakes?
Avoid unfamiliar situations and avoid meeting new people?
Talk negatively about herself?
Have trouble expressing her feelings and standing up for herself?
You feel like you’ve tried everything. You push your daughter out of her comfort zone, you constantly praise her, you walk on eggshells to avoid giving any feedback that could be viewed as criticism. Unfortunately, without a stable view of self, many teens turn to unhealthy coping skills like isolation, self-harm, and even substance abuse to cope.
I’m Meghan Renzi, founder of Therapy and Mindfulness Practices. I have worked teens in various mental health and school settings for over 10 years. I have seen first hand how group therapy can help teen girls to connect, relate, and see that they are not alone!
Here is some feedback from past group members:
“If I am having a bad week, I know it is going to be okay because I can share about it in the group”
“I never knew that other people felt this way”
“It is so cool hearing what you (group members) have to say because it is a totally different perspective!”
Teen Girls Group will help your daughter learn:
- To become aware of new ways to challenge her inner critic.
- How to create healthy relationships and learn to set boundaries.
- Positive coping skills for dealing with uncomfortable emotions.
- The importance of self-care.
- Self-acceptance and most importantly self-compassion.
The teen girls group is a safe space for teen girls to process feelings with like-minded peers. Group therapy gives teen girls an opportunity to give and get support. Most importantly, group therapy can help your daughter to see that she is not alone!
Who is this group for?
- Teens who identify as female struggling with depression, anxiety, body image, and/or self-esteem issues.
- Teen girls who identify as “perfectionists” or “people pleasers”. These young women are typically high functioning–get good grades, may have a solid group of friends but internally struggle with negative self-talk.
- Teens who have trouble connecting with others in social situations.
- Teens currently working individually with a therapist and/or psychiatrist.
- We currently have groups for Tweens and Teens up to 18 years old.
Who is this group not for?
- Anyone who is being “forced” to attend the group by parents, counselors, or other clinical professionals.
- Anyone who is actively abusing drugs or alcohol.
- Anyone demonstrating violent or sexually inappropriate behaviors.
What is the investment?
Open and ongoing psychotherapy groups at Therapy and Mindfulness Practices are billed through a monthly membership. Membership for the group is $165 per month covering as many groups as the client chooses to attend that month. Those new to the practice must complete 1-hour intake screening session.