What is teen girls group?
Teen girls group is a safe space for you to process your feelings and learn new coping skills with like-minded peers. The group is an ongoing therapy group that meets once a week for 50 minutes. Group therapy gives you an opportunity to give and get support. Most importantly, group therapy can help you to see that you are not alone!
Who is this group for?
- Teen girls in high school struggling with depression, anxiety, body image and/or self-esteem issues.
- Teen girls who identify as “perfectionists” or “people pleasers”. These young women are typically high functioning–get good grades, may have a solid group of friends but internally struggle with a negative self-talk.
- Clients currently working individually with a therapist and/or psychiatrist.
Who is this group not for?
- Anyone who is being “forced” to attend the group by parents, counselors or other clinical professionals.
- Anyone who is actively abusing drugs or alcohol.
- Anyone demonstrating violent or sexually inappropriate behaviors.
What will you get out of this group?
- You will learn self-acceptance and more importantly self-compassion.
- You will interact with peers struggling with similar issues and work towards common solutions.
- You will become aware of new ways to challenge your inner critic.
- You will learn to create healthy relationships and learn to set boundaries.
Feedback from group members:
“If I am having a bad week, I know it is going to be okay because I can share about it in group”
“I never knew that other people felt this way”
“It is so cool hearing what you (group members) have to say because it is a totally different perspective!”
What is the investment?
Open and ongoing psychotherapy groups at Therapy and Mindfulness Practices, LLC are billed through a monthly membership. Membership for the group is $150 per month covering as many groups as the client chooses to attend that month.
*Group members have the option to pay by the session ($55), however, the monthly membership is recommended to ensure group cohesion. You may cancel your membership at any time.